Posted by Felicity Love in Style Guide on July 10, 2017
While bamboo sunglasses have not been around long, the material has been around for centuries and the demand for this strong and versatile product has increased exponentially as sustainable lifestyle practices gain traction worldwide. Bamboo cultivation is eco-friendly due to its rapid growing properties, which require no harmful pesticides or irrigation. Producing more than 35% more oxygen than trees, bamboo naturally off sets carbon – dioxide assisting in reversing the effects of climate change.
Bamboo is said to be stronger than steel. This is why the best wooden sunglasses are made from bamboo. Mens wooden sunglasses have increase in popularity over the past couple years. Whether you are into extreme sports or just enjoy the outdoors, it is important to have a good pair of sunglasses to protect your eyes from the harmful UV rays. Bamboo sunglasses are made of high quality material which protect your eyes, are eco- friendly and looks uber cool at the same time.
The most frequent comment that we hear after a client tries on a pair of bamboo sunglasses for the first time is that they are surprisingly light. Bamboo sun glasses are so light that they can float on water, making them the best wooden sun glasses on the market for men and women. For the best mens wooden sunglasses check out our guide below.
Best mens bamboo sunglasses for 2017
Things to consider when purchasing Woden Sunglasses:
- UV protection. Despite how trendy or stylish some glasses are, their purpose is to protect your eyes from the sun’s harmful UV rays. So keep this in mind when purchasing any pair of wooden or bamboo sunglasses.
- Lense size = BIGGER is better. Yes folks for glasses too bigger IS better. Simply put the larger the lenses of your wooden sunglasses are the more protection they will provide your eyes.
- Cut the Glare – go with polorized lenses. While polorized lenses do not automatically mean that they protect against UV rays, the do cut down the glare from the sun and allow you to see better thru glass and water.
- Lense colour. Contrary to popular beliefe, darker lenses do not offer more protection. As long as your wooden sunglasses offer 100% UV protection, the color or shade of your sunglasse’s lendses do not matter. So you can be free to choose the lense color
- Frame Size. As a general ‘rule of thumb’ when choosing any wooden sunglasses choose a frame size that matches or mirrors your face size. Rounder faces will typically look good with round or square shaped frames. High cheekbones accent cat eye shaped sunglasses and wider faces ca make oversized frames look really sharp.
Checkout our most popular wooden and bamboo sunglasses in 2017
Round Wood Bamboo Polarized glasses – these unisex sunglasses are perfect for men and women. A hybrid resin frame with bamboo wood arms. The lenses feature coating mirrored glass and UV 400 eyewear protection.
Mens Wooden Vintage Style White Sunglasses with Bamboo mirrored polarized lenses.
Aviator inspired wooden sunglasses. Made for men however, these wooden sunglasses are very popular with the ladies too! Choose from black or lewaport frame and a selection of lense colors. These wooden sunglasses are one of our best sellers for good reason!
Aviator Wooden Sunglasses – this Classic sunglasses style is mixed with wood to create an eco chic environmentally friendly upgrade to the Classic Aviator Sunglasses. These hybrid wooden sunglasses have adjustable nose pads with protective UV400 lenses and look great on many face shapes.
New Skateboard Wooden Sunglasses men women brand designer glasses fashion men polarized sun glasses wood summer eyewear.
Recycled Wood Rainbow wood grain – Bamboo Sunglasses. Looking for a truly one of a kind pair of wooden sunglasses? Because they are made from recycled bamboo, the are no two pairs exactly alike. This popular skate inspired frame is light weight and durable.
Round Wooden Half Frame sunglasses. This hybrid modern sunglasses feature polarized lenses with UV400 protection. Wood sunglasses are ultra light and the bamboo wood grain adds unique texture to every pair of glasses.
Round Wooden Half Frame sunglasses. This hybrid modern sunglasses feature polorized lenses with UV400 protection. Wood sunglasses ultra light and the wooden nose rest is extra comfotable.